*Information derived from the latest MarketWire Press Release.
TRUSTED ACCESS PROVIDES SECURITY AGAINST THE FOLLOWING ATTACKS
- DNS tampering: Provides authoritative DNS lookups that are not dependent on local network or ISP settings and are delivered through an encrypted tunnel
- Phoney websites: Prevents loading of unauthorized content and websites using automatic whitelist protection
- Network monitoring: Encrypts all network access through a secure tunnel so Trojans are unable to monitor DNS lookups and website access to identify online banking activity
- Unauthorized and revoked certificates: Checks certificate status in real-time using the industry standard Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) so that bad certificates aren’t accepted even when revoked by the certificate authority
HOW IT WORKS
- Connect the Trusted Access security device to the USB port to launch the virtual online banking environment.
- Commencing at the bank’s home page, the user is restricted to navigating only bank-authorised sites
- For malware protection, there is a secure encrypted connection to online banking to prevent man-in-the-middle and DNS attacks.
- Encrypted keyboard input protects users from keyloggers that can steal user names and passwords.
For more advice on Trusted Access, please view the Resources section of the MarketWire press release current at 30 March 2011.